Solid Rock Publisher Edition+Author signed+FREE Blade
Just 90 author signed XL sized publisher copies of the Solid Rock Collector’s Edition are remaining – signed and numbered by the lead author, Dean Richards. These exclusive copies are the very last of the Collector’s Editions…Now with a FREE Blade necklace worth $20, PLUS a free digital download of Solid Rock.
*Just 90 remaining*
*Shipping worldwide now by tracked courier*
- FREE Solid Rock Blade necklace worth £18/$22.
- FREE digital download of Solid Rock (PDF) worth $5. (Just complete your order and the link will be in the email confirmation when your book ships).
- A black silk matte cover with premium heavy boards
- XL sized - 296mm x 296mm - square portrait profile - 168 pages - Premium Maestro heavyweight interior papers.
- Paper edging hand painted in sable matt black
- Solid Rock cover logo hot foil stamped in silver, hand detailing
- Flying V guitar silhouette detail in Spot UV (A special reflective varnish to highlight the V shape, a premium addition to your book)
- Premium coated dust jacket
- Features 75 of the greatest electric guitarists ever, each within an individually designed double-page spread with a full page vintage image
- Includes Jimi Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen, Tony Iommi, Jimmy Page, Angus Young, Slash, Peter Green, David Gilmour, Randy Rhoads etc...
- A commentary drawn from our 'In-conversation' sessions with K.K. Downing - Grammy award winning guitarist and a founding member of classic heavy metal legends Judas Priest. From B.B. King through the 'British Invasion' of the 60s, the dawn of heavy metal, 70s rock titans and on through thrash, hair metal and into the new genres of the 90s, Solid Rock is a visual celebration of the evolution of heavy music.
- Classic vintage photographs from the Getty archive
- Limited Edition of 300 (UPDATE - JUST 90 REMAINING) - These exclusive copies are the very last of the Collector's Editions
- Signed and numbered by lead author, Dean Richards
- Metal Defender, established in 2014 - producing signed and limited edition merch with K.K. Downing for over nine years
K.K. “When Metal Defender approached me with the Solid Rock concept, I immediately thought, ‘what a great project!’ and, of course, I’m honoured to share my thoughts and reflections from an incredible journey in rock and metal - as I have had the pleasure of meeting and gigging with many of these guitar icons throughout my long career.”
Austin Powell - Blues in Britain magazine. "A tremendous publication. Impressive in both content and presentation."
Garry Foster - WCR FM. "Solid Rock is the perfect book for lovers of great guitar players and lovers of great guitar player debate!"
Danny Stoakes - Stoakes Media "Solid rock is a guitar fans dream. Showcasing 75 of the greatest guitarists and guitars that have ever existed; this book is a who’s who of rock royalty! There might even be a few surprises tucked in the pages! K.K. Downing adds his personal thoughts and recounts a few tales about some of the guitar heroes within these pages, this is a must have for any music fan. A really enjoyable book to read..."
75 years ago, Leo Fender began developing the designs for what would become the world’s first commercially successful solid body electric guitar, the Esquire. Solid Rock is a celebration of the coming of age of rock and metal, a coffee table feature book and a collectible showpiece - each double page spread has been individually artist designed to compliment the player. 75 electric guitar greats, each one a significant voice in shaping rock guitar music as we know it. Solid Rock opens up with Blues legend B.B. King, and takes us on a more or less chronological voyage showcasing some of the guitarists that made music history happen. We travel through the 'British Invasion' of the 60s, the birth of heavy metal in the industrial heart of England, the early 70s rockers that kick started the American movement - and on into the 80s and 90s, hair and glam metal, thrash and beyond; featuring some of the greatest and most influential electric guitar players...The Solid Rock Publisher editions are only available here, at Metal Defender, and are limited to just 300 signed and hand numbered copies. .
Premium shipping via tracked courier from the UK:
UK 2-3 business days
USA/Canada 10 business days
Europe 5-7 business days
AUS/NZ/JAP/rest of world 10-15 business days