Solid Rock – The Book of Guitar Gods with K.K.Downing
WITH FREE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD WORTH £5.
- FREE digital copy worth £5 - download link will be in your order complete email.
- Brand new ' StarBreaker ' cover design.
- Landscape profile - Hardcover, trim size 280mm x 216 mm - 168 pages.
- Features 75 of the greatest electric guitarists ever, each within an individually designed double-page spread with a full page vintage image.
- Includes Jimi Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen, Tony Iommi, Jimmy Page, Angus Young, Slash, Peter Green, David Gilmour, Randy Rhoads etc...
- A commentary drawn from our 'In-conversation' sessions with K.K. Downing - Grammy award winning guitarist and a founding member of classic heavy metal legends Judas Priest. From B.B. King through the 'British Invasion' of the 60s, the dawn of heavy metal, 70s rock titans and on through thrash, hair metal and into the new genres of the 90s, Solid Rock is a visual celebration of the evolution of heavy music.
- Classic vintage photographs from the Getty archive.
- Metal Defender, established in 2014 - producing signed and limited edition merch with K.K. Downing for over nine years.
- Made in Great Britain - Sending out to the world.
K.K. Downing - “I’m honoured to share my thoughts and reflections from an incredible journey in rock and metal - as I have had the pleasure of meeting and gigging with many of these guitar icons throughout my long career.”
Austin Powell - Blues in Britain magazine. "A tremendous publication. Impressive in both content and presentation."
Garry Foster - WCR FM. "Solid Rock is the perfect book for lovers of great guitar players and lovers of great guitar player debate!"
Danny Stoakes - Stoakes Media "Solid rock is a guitar fans dream. Showcasing 75 of the greatest guitarists and guitars that have ever existed; this book is a who’s who of rock royalty! There might even be a few surprises tucked in the pages! K.K. Downing adds his personal thoughts and recounts a few tales about some of the guitar heroes within these pages, this is a must have for any music fan. A really enjoyable book to read..."
75 years ago, Leo Fender began developing the designs for what would become the world’s first commercially successful solid body electric guitar, the Esquire. Solid Rock is a celebration of the coming of age of rock and metal, a coffee table feature book and an absolute showpiece. The new cover and each double page spread have been individually artist designed to compliment the players. 75 electric guitar greats, each one a significant voice in shaping rock guitar music as we know it.
Approx. shipping times from despatch:
UK 2-3 business days
USA/Canada 10 business days
Europe 5-7 business days
AUS/NZ/JAP/rest of world 10-15 business days